On Saturday 21 September 2019, the area of the swimming pool park on Kraví hora in Brno will come alive with the sounds of the bagpipes, signalling the 4rd edition of “MonteBú Highland Games” the traditional festival including Scottish heavy disciplines, music, dancing and entertainment for the whole family. Everyone is cordially invited – entry is free!
There will be fun for both adults and children to enjoy:
- Heavy competitions in traditional disciplines: the farmers walk, tossing the caber, weight (stone „handbag“) throw, sheaf for height (straw bail throw), weight throw, hammer throw, tug-of-war. The programme and equipment is provided by the professional highland games sports club, the Kládaklan.
- Children can look forward to the same games in a easier version, creative tasks, and fun activities.
- Cultural programme will include a pipes and drums band, Vintage Wine and other bands, demonstrations and teaching of Scottish ceilidh dances with Žert dance group and a caller from Edinburgh, Mike Scott; horse riding, face painting, Celtic village with ancient life demonstrations, Scottish regiment and uniform demonstrations from various historical periods
- Scotch whiskey tasting a presentations (Brno Whisky Shop)
- Additional complimentary programme and snacks such as beer from the Albert microbrewery
— — — — FOTO from last year — — — —